INDIA: TUF Scheme Is Working
Powerlooms in India are beginning to see the benefits of the Technology Upgradation Fund (TUF), according to Union Textile Minister, Kashiram Rana.
Mr Rana was responding to questions during the question hour in the Lok Sabha and revealed that s there had so far been an investment of 10,600 rupees in sanctioned projects.
The scheme has been so successful that more and more powerlooms are applying for loans.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report