Turkey’s LC Waikiki invests in strategic fit
Turkey’s largest independent fashion brand, LC Waikiki, is expanding its investment in technical fit mannequins after identifying consistent size and fit as a key strategy for apparel sales growth.
The latest order for ladies’, men’s and children’s EU series AlvaForms makes LC Waikiki Turkey’s largest user of the fit forms.
Since 2008 the company has ordered and installed some 100 of the mannequins across its product development departments at its head office in Istanbul, registered offices in Bangladesh and China, and key garment manufacturing suppliers worldwide.
“We are on track to realise our ambition of being one of the three most successful ready-made clothing retailers in Europe by 2023,” explains Gülperi Tandar, technical director, LCWaikiki Retail Company.
“We have achieved this by giving our customers what they want – quality affordable fashion that fits. We have to respond quickly to new trends and the AlvaForms enable us to quickly transform trends into garments that consistently fit our young adult and child consumer demographic.”
Simon Fernandes, Alvanon’s regional director for the UK, Southern Europe and West Asia, adds: By using AlvaForms across its product development disciplines its design and technical professionals can share its size and fit standard with key suppliers, thereby streamlining the product development process and helping them communicate accurate fit knowledge consistently between departments and countries.”
LC Waikiki operates around 386 stores in Turkey, with international expansion now taking it into 23 other countries.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective