USA: TV Coverage Of Space Shuttle Disaster Dents Retail Sales
According to Reuters, a joint report filed by the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi and UBS Warburg said a 2.7 per cent sales rise over the same week a year ago was offset by slower traffic and sales - especially on Saturday when the space shuttle broke up in flight.
January is traditionally a slow month for retailers, marked by clearance sales to make room for spring clothing.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar