UK: Two more senior executives to exit M&S
Marks & Spencer's director of IT, Darrell Stein, and Clem Constantine, director of property, have been confirmed as the latest executives set to leave the UK retailer.
Stein and Constantine will exit the business in the summer, a spokesperson for M&S said in a statement sent to just-style today (25 March).
According to the company's website, Stein and Constantine have held their respective positions since 2006 and served on the management committee.
"Their roles have significantly changed recently; Darrell developed our new e-commerce platform which has now been delivered and, as announced at our interims, we will be putting on less general merchandise space which changes our property focus," the statement added.
The spokesperson said it is too soon to give any details on potential replacement plans.
M&S reported its tenth consecutive quarterly decline in general merchandise sales in January, despite seeing what CEO Mark Bolland described as early signs of improvement in its women's wear business.
Marks & Spencer Plc offers a wide range of quality products at prices ranging from economy to high mid-range. It is one of the longest established British high street stores and sells clothing, food a...
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
Over the forecast period, Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd will continue to monitor and review efficiency in supply chain and other operations in order to reduce cost. The company will also continue...
Introduction Global Womenswear industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also conta...
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report