UK: Two more senior executives to exit M&S
Marks & Spencer's director of IT, Darrell Stein, and Clem Constantine, director of property, have been confirmed as the latest executives set to leave the UK retailer.
Stein and Constantine will exit the business in the summer, a spokesperson for M&S said in a statement sent to just-style today (25 March).
According to the company's website, Stein and Constantine have held their respective positions since 2006 and served on the management committee.
"Their roles have significantly changed recently; Darrell developed our new e-commerce platform which has now been delivered and, as announced at our interims, we will be putting on less general merchandise space which changes our property focus," the statement added.
The spokesperson said it is too soon to give any details on potential replacement plans.
M&S reported its tenth consecutive quarterly decline in general merchandise sales in January, despite seeing what CEO Mark Bolland described as early signs of improvement in its women's wear business.
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the line-up for this year's Prime Source Forum in Hong Kong, sandblasting claims in Chinese jeans factories, and a roundup of wearable t...
Consumer goods colossus Li & Fung has seen full-year profits decline following a year "of transition and investment" for the Hong Kong-listed business....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack