VIETNAM: Two textile parks to boost local fabric production
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) plans to build two large industrial parks specialising in textiles and dyeing in the Mekong Delta province of Tra Vinh and the northern province of Thai Binh.
Construction of the two parks is due to begin this year, and both are expected to be fully occupied within the next five years.
Their output will help make up a shortfall in local fabric production. The country currently uses around 2m square metres of cloth a year for garment production, according to Vinatex, whereas domestic suppliers provide just 700m square metres.
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Li & Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report