ITALY: TXT acquires Maple Lake in EUR10.7m deal
Retail planning specialist TXT e-solutions has acquired software provider Maple Lake for EUR10.7m (US$13.8m), in a move that scales up its geographic reach and offering.
The deal gives TXT a direct presence in North America and in Australia, and strengthens its position in Europe. After the acquisition, it says it will have more than 400 fashion retail customers, managing well over 100,000 stores and channels worldwide.
"This acquisition, coupled with our own strong innovation ability, shows that TXT can scale up in geography, in technology and in business reach, even in these challenging times," says group chairman Alvise Braga Illa.
Preliminary results for Maple Lake's fiscal year ended 30 June show revenues of EUR7.2m, EBITDA of EUR1.8m, and net income of EUR1.2m. All Maple Lake personnel will be retained in the merged company.
UK based women's apparel retailer Hobbs is the latest company to implement Maple Lake's 'out-of-the-box' QuickAssortment planning solution to help improve its planning, financial control and targeting of assortments for its online, wholesale and store channels.
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- LVMH to sell Donna Karan to G-III for US$650m
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020