ITALY: TXT acquires Maple Lake in EUR10.7m deal
Retail planning specialist TXT e-solutions has acquired software provider Maple Lake for EUR10.7m (US$13.8m), in a move that scales up its geographic reach and offering.
The deal gives TXT a direct presence in North America and in Australia, and strengthens its position in Europe. After the acquisition, it says it will have more than 400 fashion retail customers, managing well over 100,000 stores and channels worldwide.
"This acquisition, coupled with our own strong innovation ability, shows that TXT can scale up in geography, in technology and in business reach, even in these challenging times," says group chairman Alvise Braga Illa.
Preliminary results for Maple Lake's fiscal year ended 30 June show revenues of EUR7.2m, EBITDA of EUR1.8m, and net income of EUR1.2m. All Maple Lake personnel will be retained in the merged company.
UK based women's apparel retailer Hobbs is the latest company to implement Maple Lake's 'out-of-the-box' QuickAssortment planning solution to help improve its planning, financial control and targeting of assortments for its online, wholesale and store channels.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report