CZECH REPUBLIC: Tylex Reports Kc59m Loss
Tylex, the men's and boy's clothing manufacturer recorded a loss worth Kc59m on a turnover of Kc372m last year, as compared with a profit of Kc15m in 1998, according to the CTK news agency's Business News.Last year's loss was mainly due to provisioning worth Kc47m and restructuring costs, but also due to the ending of bulk textile supplies to Germany.Tylex is currently organising its own foreign trade activities, following the collapse of the Centrotex textiles exporter last year. The company was profitable for the first eight months of this year, and expects to record a full-year turnover similar to that achieved in 1999.Tylex employs 570 people, 140 fewer than at the end of last year. Its largest single shareholder with a 43.33 per cent stake is the Ceskoslovenska obchodni bank.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar