CZECH REPUBLIC: Tylex Reports Kc59m Loss
Tylex, the men's and boy's clothing manufacturer recorded a loss worth Kc59m on a turnover of Kc372m last year, as compared with a profit of Kc15m in 1998, according to the CTK news agency's Business News.Last year's loss was mainly due to provisioning worth Kc47m and restructuring costs, but also due to the ending of bulk textile supplies to Germany.Tylex is currently organising its own foreign trade activities, following the collapse of the Centrotex textiles exporter last year. The company was profitable for the first eight months of this year, and expects to record a full-year turnover similar to that achieved in 1999.Tylex employs 570 people, 140 fewer than at the end of last year. Its largest single shareholder with a 43.33 per cent stake is the Ceskoslovenska obchodni bank.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022