CZECH REPUBLIC: Tylex Reports Kc59m Loss
Tylex, the men's and boy's clothing manufacturer recorded a loss worth Kc59m on a turnover of Kc372m last year, as compared with a profit of Kc15m in 1998, according to the CTK news agency's Business News.Last year's loss was mainly due to provisioning worth Kc47m and restructuring costs, but also due to the ending of bulk textile supplies to Germany.Tylex is currently organising its own foreign trade activities, following the collapse of the Centrotex textiles exporter last year. The company was profitable for the first eight months of this year, and expects to record a full-year turnover similar to that achieved in 1999.Tylex employs 570 people, 140 fewer than at the end of last year. Its largest single shareholder with a 43.33 per cent stake is the Ceskoslovenska obchodni bank.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar