CZECH REPUBLIC: Tylex Reports Kc59m Loss
Tylex, the men's and boy's clothing manufacturer recorded a loss worth Kc59m on a turnover of Kc372m last year, as compared with a profit of Kc15m in 1998, according to the CTK news agency's Business News.Last year's loss was mainly due to provisioning worth Kc47m and restructuring costs, but also due to the ending of bulk textile supplies to Germany.Tylex is currently organising its own foreign trade activities, following the collapse of the Centrotex textiles exporter last year. The company was profitable for the first eight months of this year, and expects to record a full-year turnover similar to that achieved in 1999.Tylex employs 570 people, 140 fewer than at the end of last year. Its largest single shareholder with a 43.33 per cent stake is the Ceskoslovenska obchodni bank.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020