FRANCE: Ugg to open first French store in Paris
Deckers-owned sheepskin boots brand Ugg is set to open its first French store in Paris this week.
It follows the creation of a subsidiary, headed by Jean-Michel Herrault, at the start of the year.
Ahead of the opening of the Paris store, located in the Le Marais quarter, on 19 October, Ugg France has opened a pop-up boutique in the French capital's Les Halles shopping mall.
The Ugg range is currently marketed in 380 mult-brand outlets in France of which 40% are department stores such as Galeries Lafayette.
There are plans to open other stores in 2013 and build up a network of 15 outlets in France over the next five years.
Having spent much of the past 12 to 18 months developing offerings for both customers and staff across multiple touch points, the next challenge facing fashion brands and retailers is to connect the m...
Qatari investors are on the verge of acquiring 100% of the French department store chain Printemps for an estimated EUR1.6bn as well as purchasing the Borletti Group which owns Italian retail chain, L...
The son of Galeries Lafayette's chairman, Philippe Houzé, is to head the French retail group's department store division in what is widely-viewed as an unexpected announcement....
Deckers Outdoor Corporation, the maker of Ugg boots and Teva sandals, says it expects to post a loss during its first-quarter after reporting a decline in fourth-quarter profit....
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Better factory conditions boost the bottom line
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- New US tariff classifications impact woven apparel