FRANCE: Ugg to open first French store in Paris
Deckers-owned sheepskin boots brand Ugg is set to open its first French store in Paris this week.
It follows the creation of a subsidiary, headed by Jean-Michel Herrault, at the start of the year.
Ahead of the opening of the Paris store, located in the Le Marais quarter, on 19 October, Ugg France has opened a pop-up boutique in the French capital's Les Halles shopping mall.
The Ugg range is currently marketed in 380 mult-brand outlets in France of which 40% are department stores such as Galeries Lafayette.
There are plans to open other stores in 2013 and build up a network of 15 outlets in France over the next five years.
Having spent much of the past 12 to 18 months developing offerings for both customers and staff across multiple touch points, the next challenge facing fashion brands and retailers is to connect the m...
Qatari investors are on the verge of acquiring 100% of the French department store chain Printemps for an estimated EUR1.6bn as well as purchasing the Borletti Group which owns Italian retail chain, L...
The son of Galeries Lafayette's chairman, Philippe Houzé, is to head the French retail group's department store division in what is widely-viewed as an unexpected announcement....
Deckers Outdoor Corporation, the maker of Ugg boots and Teva sandals, says it expects to post a loss during its first-quarter after reporting a decline in fourth-quarter profit....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015