UK fashion sourcing fair expands into footwear
London-based apparel sourcing event Fashion SVP is set for further expansion, with organiser IDEX introducing a new footwear and accessories section due to demand from buyers.
The event, which sold out for its June show, has surpassed all expectations since its launch in 2012 and IDEX is not only incorporating a new section but also adding a second annual edition to the calendar.
The organiser has confirmed the next edition will take place on the 15-16 November at London Olympia. The event will also feature a new footwear and accessories section.
"The show is expanding exponentially, growing on average by over 40% per edition since its launch in 2011," says show director, Buzz Carter. "As part of [the] expansion we are planning a few surprises, including an exciting expansion into footwear and accessories, which buyers have asked us to provide, to complement the excellent ranges of jersey wear, knitwear and woven apparel products. The future is looking exceptionally bright."
Fashion SVP is designed for brands and retailers who buy direct from factories, and provides buyers with the opportunity to meet over 100 hand-picked fashion producers from Europe, Eastern Europe and the Mediterranean regions.
just-style attended the last event, where Brexit and its likely implications for UK manufacturing were a key talking point.
This year Fashion SVP also welcomed leading garment manufacturers from Egypt for the first time. Working with the country's Ready-Made Garments Export Council, the event showcased Egypt's advanced production technology and techniques in knitwear and wovens, printing and embroidery.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar