UK sourcing event expands as demand grows
Meet the Manufacturer will double in space next year
A major sourcing event dedicated to British clothing, textiles and leather goods producers is set to double in space next year as demand for UK-made clothing grows.
Set to enter its third year, the 'Meet the Manufacturer' trade show and conference will double the amount of space to 50,000 sq ft to accommodate more exhibitors, workshops and seminars than in previous years.
It will showcase over 100 British clothing manufacturers, textile mills, leather-goods makers and suppliers to the UK apparel and textile industry when it take places at The Old Truman Brewery, London, on 25-26 May 2016.
“Meet the Manufacturer is a platform for leading industry figures to come together to support UK manufacturing and for buyers and designers to find textile and garment production in the UK,” says Kate Hills, founder and CEO of Make it British, which organises the event.
“There’s an air of confidence in the industry at the moment and ‘made in Britain’ is back in fashion but the debate continues that whilst in theory it’s possible to make anything here, a lot needs to be done in terms of investment, education, public perception and good old fashioned hard work and ambition.”
Click here for more details on the event.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022