UK: Umbro extends England kit deal
Sporting goods firm Umbro has agreed to extend its partnership with the England football team until 2018.
The deal was signed prior to the team's first qualifying game for the 2012 European Championship. The agreement is to run until 31 July 2018.
Alex Horne, general secretary of the Football Association (FA), said: "We have a fantastic relationship with Umbro that spans almost 60 years. They are part of the fabric of English football and this significant long-term investment into our partnership demonstrates the enduring strength of the England brand.”
Umbro has also launched a new kit for the start of the England team, which goes on sale from 12 October.
Sporting goods giant Nike Inc has promoted Roger Wyett, the head of its Hurley International unit, to president of its Nike Affiliates portfolio....
Strong sales and clean inventories have helped sportswear and equipment giant Nike Inc to a 22% hike in second quarter profit, but shares fell nearly 6% after an 11% rise in future orders came in belo...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide