UK: Umbro extends England kit deal
Sporting goods firm Umbro has agreed to extend its partnership with the England football team until 2018.
The deal was signed prior to the team's first qualifying game for the 2012 European Championship. The agreement is to run until 31 July 2018.
Alex Horne, general secretary of the Football Association (FA), said: "We have a fantastic relationship with Umbro that spans almost 60 years. They are part of the fabric of English football and this significant long-term investment into our partnership demonstrates the enduring strength of the England brand.”
Umbro has also launched a new kit for the start of the England team, which goes on sale from 12 October.
Sporting goods giant Nike Inc has promoted Roger Wyett, the head of its Hurley International unit, to president of its Nike Affiliates portfolio....
Strong sales and clean inventories have helped sportswear and equipment giant Nike Inc to a 22% hike in second quarter profit, but shares fell nearly 6% after an 11% rise in future orders came in belo...
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- US apparel prices continue to fall