UK: Umbro extends England kit deal
Sporting goods firm Umbro has agreed to extend its partnership with the England football team until 2018.
The deal was signed prior to the team's first qualifying game for the 2012 European Championship. The agreement is to run until 31 July 2018.
Alex Horne, general secretary of the Football Association (FA), said: "We have a fantastic relationship with Umbro that spans almost 60 years. They are part of the fabric of English football and this significant long-term investment into our partnership demonstrates the enduring strength of the England brand.”
Umbro has also launched a new kit for the start of the England team, which goes on sale from 12 October.
Sporting goods giant Nike Inc has promoted Roger Wyett, the head of its Hurley International unit, to president of its Nike Affiliates portfolio....
Strong sales and clean inventories have helped sportswear and equipment giant Nike Inc to a 22% hike in second quarter profit, but shares fell nearly 6% after an 11% rise in future orders came in belo...
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Supply chain weighs on Kering's green footprint
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions
- American Eagle Outfitters Q1 earnings soar
- Gap brand sales continue to fall short
- Apparel industry Q1 results in brief
- Chico's chief executive Dyer to retire