UK: Umbro extends England kit deal
Sporting goods firm Umbro has agreed to extend its partnership with the England football team until 2018.
The deal was signed prior to the team's first qualifying game for the 2012 European Championship. The agreement is to run until 31 July 2018.
Alex Horne, general secretary of the Football Association (FA), said: "We have a fantastic relationship with Umbro that spans almost 60 years. They are part of the fabric of English football and this significant long-term investment into our partnership demonstrates the enduring strength of the England brand.”
Umbro has also launched a new kit for the start of the England team, which goes on sale from 12 October.
Sporting goods giant Nike Inc has promoted Roger Wyett, the head of its Hurley International unit, to president of its Nike Affiliates portfolio....
Strong sales and clean inventories have helped sportswear and equipment giant Nike Inc to a 22% hike in second quarter profit, but shares fell nearly 6% after an 11% rise in future orders came in belo...
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- PETA calls for wool boycott on “gruesome” exposé
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015