SOUTH KOREA: Umbro fails to secure trademark rights
Football kit maker Umbro has been told it cannot register its diamond-shaped logo in South Korea because the image is not distinctive enough.
The Supreme Court on Friday (16 March) overturned an earlier ruling that allowed the British sportswear maker to register its trademark with the South Korean patent office.
The court described the logo, which consists of two diamonds, as a "simple and common mark."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Sportswear manufacturer Win Hanverky Holdings has posted a 4.6% rise in interim net profit to HKD$140m (US$17.97m)....
UK sportswear chain Sports Direct International has increased investments in two of the major brands it stocks, Adidas and Umbro, as it awaits shareholder approval for its Everlast merger later this m...
Sporting goods firm Umbro has appointed Gary Brown as its CFO. He will take up the position in November 2007....
UK sports brand Umbro Plc yesterday (11 June) announced the resignation of its chief executive Peter McGuigan and said CFO Steve Makin will step into the role with immediate effect....
Football brand Umbro looks to be outrunning last year's branded sales as it cashes in on priority markets....
Umbro, the manufacturer of football kit and related products, has selected PTC's FlexPLM solution to help shorten lead times and reduce development costs....
German sportswear brand Puma has refused to be drawn on rumours it could make a move for football brand Umbro....
Police in Leicestershire raided a UK factory suspected of manufacturing counterfeit designer clothes following a long-standing undercover investigation prompted by three apparel manufacturers....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective