US: Under Armour head of footwear McCarthy resigns
Gene McCarthy, senior vice president of footwear at Under Armour, is to leave the performance apparel and footwear specialist next month.
The Maryland-based company said COO Kip Fulks will assume responsibility for footwear and continue to oversee Under Armour's operations division.
"Over the past several years, Gene has built a strong footwear team that continues to deliver game-changing product such as the Charge RC and Highlight Cleat," said Fulks.
"I am excited to help elevate our innovation in the footwear space and further develop the team and the organisation as we continue to drive growth of Under Armour footwear around the world."
Given their rapid evolution over recent years, it is difficult to predict where ERP and PLM will be a few years from now. Increased compatibility, cloud-based systems, social media mining, and on-dema...
Football is expected to remain Nike’s main strategy in the Portuguese territory over the forecast period. Fuelled by the sponsorship of the Portuguese national football team and its star Cristiano Ron...
Over the forecast period, Nike Vietnam LLC continues to see Vietnam as its top producer of Nike shoes, mainly thanks to cheaper labour costs. Furthermore, with the support of ACFC Vietnam Co Ltd as th...
An increase in austerity measures and subsequent decline in Portuguese consumers’ disposable incomes, which affected all apparel categories including women’s outerwear, characterised 2012. Facing the ...
Underwear, nightwear and swimwear sales have been impacted by the steep decline in national consumer spending. Sales across the board decreased, but particularly in swimwear. In addition to the downtu...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- SuperGroup CFO leaves over own bankruptcy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide