US: Under Armour names Puma sales head as European MD
Branded performance apparel and footwear maker Under Armour Inc today (9 July) named Peter Mahrer as president and managing director for Under Armour Europe BV, the company's European operations headquartered in Amsterdam.
Mahrer will be responsible for executing the company's international growth strategy by developing Under Armour's distribution in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
He will report directly to Kevin Plank, president and CEO of Under Armour, and replaces Ryan Wood who is returning to the US as planned to support the brand's growth initiatives there.
Mr Mahrer joins Under Armour from Puma AG where he most recently served as head of international sales and general manager, Central Europe. Prior to his tenure at Puma, Mr Mahrer held executive positions at Adidas AG, including head of the Global Football unit.
Under Armour has identified the European market as a key to its long-term growth, and is raising the profile of its performance apparel across a wide variety of sports including football, rugby and cricket, as well as developing a retail distribution network through major sporting goods retailers.
The company established its European headquarters in Amsterdam in January 2006, and has established a network of distributors to sell its product throughout Western Europe and the Nordic region.
Last month it signed an agreement with Unlimited Sports Group (USG) to manage the distribution of Under Armour products to Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Here is a list of the top ten stories published on just-style during the past year. To read the stories in full, please click on the headlines....
Puma has added to its growing roster of subsidiaries in eastern Europe with the opening of a new office in Zagreb to deal with its Croatian business....
Footwear manufacturer Yue Yuen has proposed a spin-off and separate listing for its Pou Sheng International group on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange....
Performance products company Under Armour is expected to add 350 jobs near its corporate headquarters in Baltimore, it was reported....
Sportswear giant Puma is to set up a new Romanian subsidiary in Bucharest from the beginning of next year as the company continues its regional expansion strategy....
Performance products company Under Armour took top place in the "Most Competitive Retailers Study" compiled by independent research firm W Ratings Corporation....
Under Armour, Inc has appointed Suzanne Karkus as the company's senior vice president of Apparel....
Third quarter profit at the world's third largest sportswear maker, Puma AG, rose 2.3% the company said on Tuesday (6 November), with improved forward orders leading management to reconfirm earnings g...
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sustainable fashion app to help shopping decisions
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing