US: Under Armour reports solid Q1
Performance apparel company Under Armour pushed up first-quarter earnings to US$8.7m from $2.5m last year, on a 50.7% revenue jump to $87.7m.
Sales grew 50.3% to $85.3m in the quarter, the company said.
"These results reflect the rapidly accelerating strength of the Under Armour brand," said Kevin Plank, chairman, CEO, and president of Under Armour.
"We exceeded our performance goals for the period as our top line benefited from continued strong sales contributions from all product categories throughout all channels of distribution."
Plank added that the company eyes "a number of untapped opportunities to explore, both domestically and internationally".
For the second quarter, the company expects net revenue in the range of $70m to $75m.
Children's wear has emerged as the major battleground of the UK clothing market. Fewer consumers, a slowdown in spending growth, downward price pressure from grocers and range extension from adult clo...
Sportswear manufacturer Under Armour has announced a five-year deal to supply American football kit to Texas Tech University....
Performance goods company Under Armour has spruced up its leadership by promoting two executives and adding two new members to its management team....
Performance product brand Under Armour has posted a fourth quarter 14% increase in net income to reach US$7.0m and predicted more improvements next year. ...
Performance apparel company Under Armour has announced the opening of its European headquarters in Amsterdam and the promotion of one of the company's partners, Ryan Wood, to president of its internat...
Under Armour Performance Apparel has secured a five-year deal to be the official outfitter of Auburn University's athletic teams....
DHB Industries subsidiary Point Blank Body Armor has received a new delivery order for $30.1 million worth of its Interceptor Outer Tactical Vests from the US Army....
Body armour maker DHB Industries Inc says it has discontinued use of Zylon fibre in its bullet resistant products following the National Institute of Justice's decision to revoke its previously issued...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack