US: Under Armour sourcing executive Janet Fox resigns
Janet Fox, the senior vice president of sourcing at performance apparel and footwear specialist Under Armour, is to leave the company later this month, it has been revealed.
Fox "has resigned from the company to pursue other interests," according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing yesterday (14 August), with her resignation coming into effect on 24 August.
Under Armour said the move means it is now evaluating "the organisational structure and management needs of this area."
In the meantime, chief supply chain officer Jim Hardy will take on Fox's responsibilities overseeing the firm's apparel sourcing operations. Hardy was named chief supply chain officer in April this year with responsibility for "strategically guiding Under Armour's rapidly growing supply chains locally and internationally."
Fox joined Under Armour in March 2011 after a 29-year career at department store retailer JC Penney.
Under Armour last month raised its full-year operating profit expectations after recording strong second quarter growth helped by the success of its footwear range. Net profit increased 7% to reach US$7m over the three months ended 30 June as revenue surged 30% to $369m.
Generally, 2013 is seen as being another challenging year for the apparel industry - although there is cautious optimism for an improved business environment. Issues such as compliance, sustainability...
Performance apparel and footwear maker Under Armour attributed its fourth-quarter profit growth to innovation and product expansion - and said this focus on innovation is set to continue in 2013....
Among the industry executives who spoke with just-style this year were Ranjan Mahtani, CEO of Epic Group; Henry Tan, CEO of Luen Thai Holdings; Andrew Lo, CEO of Crystal Group; and Marks & Spencer's K...
US department store retailer JC Penney has remained coy on reports it is to axe a further 300 jobs at its headquarters in Plano, Texas....
The most read stories on just-style this week include a look at issues facing the apparel industry this year, JC Penney scaling back the rollout of its RFID technology, and opportunities for textile a...
Sports and casual wear retailer JD Sports has confirmed to just-style that Tom Knight, who led the development of its sports performance fascia, has left the business....
Under Armour saw net revenue shoot up during the fourth quarter, helping the company record strong full-year growth....
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Mango continues on global growth trajectory
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre