US: Under Armour strikes lacrosse deal
US sporting goods company Under Armour and the Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association have agreed a comprehensive five-year partnership, with the brand named primary corporate sponsor and exclusive athletic product supplier.
Under Armour will be integrated into initiatives including tournaments, academic awards, NCAA polls and coaches' clinics, a joint statement said.
Under Armour has also become the official title sponsor for the Champions Cup, North-South Game and Capital Cup, the IWLCA's National Coaches Poll, and presenting sponsor of the Annual Coaches Meeting and Clinic.
It follows other sponsorship deals ironed out by Under Armour recently, including supply deals with professional soccer team Hannover 96 and The Welsh Rugby Union.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
As the start of this summer's Beijing Olympics attracts around four billion onlookers from over 200 countries, leading brands are tussling for the inside lane and marketing gold. Joe Ayling reports on...
Gap Inc, the US' largest specialty clothing retailer, is to expand its customer base into a new retail sector after buying women's sports and active apparel company Athleta Inc for $150m in cash....
Sportswear company Under Armour has signed an agreement to become the exclusive official outfitter for the University of Maryland's athletics teams....
LaCrosse Footwear's Danner subsidiary has won a US$3.2m boot order from the US Department of Defense, the company's biggest single order of the year....
Even though lower margins and higher marketing costs have pushed Under Armour Inc to a 75.4% drop in second quarter profit, the performance apparel and footwear maker has raised its outlook for the ye...
LaCrosse Footwear saw net income increase 47% in its second quarter, boosted by increased orders for specialist products from the US Military....
Branded work and outdoor boot maker LaCrosse Footwear Inc has set up a subsidiary in Copenhagen, Denmark to strengthen direct sales and marketing support to customers in Europe....
Strong demand for its protective fabrics from the US military has helped Royal Ten Cate NV to a 40% hike in first-half net profit before amortisation....
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar