US: Under Armour sues Nike for trademark infringement
The lawsuit, which was filed in the district court of Maryland in Baltimore, said Nike launched an advertising campaign for its performance apparel, footwear, accessories and sporting goods last year, which repeatedly uses the phrase "I Will".
However, Under Armour claims Nike's use of the phrase imitates its "I Will" trademark, which is used for the same types of products.
In a statement sent to just-style, Under Armour said: "The I Will trademark is one of the cornerstone symbols of our company and its products and services, and has been for many years.
"We have initiated a lawsuit against Nike Inc based on its infringement of Under Armour's federally registered I Will trademark.
"We prefer to battle our competitors in the marketplace and on the field of play with our game- changing innovative products, but we will defend ourselves whenever necessary to protect what we've worked so hard to build," the statement added.
Meanwhile, Nike declined to comment when contacted by just-style on Friday (22 February).
Environmental concerns focus on a range of pollutants in that water, from pesticides on cotton fields to dust storms caused by overgrazing in Inner Mongolia by cashmere goats....
A fundamental difference between Cambodia and Bangladesh is that the Cambodian government and industry are held accountable for making the necessary improvements to factory working conditions. And thi...
Apparel and footwear firm Wolverine Worldwide has appointed Gene McCarthy, former senior vice president of footwear at Under Armour, as president of the Merrell brand....
Apparel group Perry Ellis International posted an increased loss in the second quarter, with revenues up only slightly and margins down....
Altamont Capital Partners has revised its long term financing agreement with troubled surfwear brand Billabong to gain approval from the Australian Takeovers Panel. ...
Since its introduction in the country three years ago, the International Labor Organization's (ILO) Better Work programme has been credited with helping elevate Nicaragua as an ethical sourcing locati...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack