US: Under Armour sues Nike for trademark infringement
The lawsuit, which was filed in the district court of Maryland in Baltimore, said Nike launched an advertising campaign for its performance apparel, footwear, accessories and sporting goods last year, which repeatedly uses the phrase "I Will".
However, Under Armour claims Nike's use of the phrase imitates its "I Will" trademark, which is used for the same types of products.
In a statement sent to just-style, Under Armour said: "The I Will trademark is one of the cornerstone symbols of our company and its products and services, and has been for many years.
"We have initiated a lawsuit against Nike Inc based on its infringement of Under Armour's federally registered I Will trademark.
"We prefer to battle our competitors in the marketplace and on the field of play with our game- changing innovative products, but we will defend ourselves whenever necessary to protect what we've worked so hard to build," the statement added.
Meanwhile, Nike declined to comment when contacted by just-style on Friday (22 February).
Environmental concerns focus on a range of pollutants in that water, from pesticides on cotton fields to dust storms caused by overgrazing in Inner Mongolia by cashmere goats....
A fundamental difference between Cambodia and Bangladesh is that the Cambodian government and industry are held accountable for making the necessary improvements to factory working conditions. And thi...
Apparel and footwear firm Wolverine Worldwide has appointed Gene McCarthy, former senior vice president of footwear at Under Armour, as president of the Merrell brand....
Apparel group Perry Ellis International posted an increased loss in the second quarter, with revenues up only slightly and margins down....
Altamont Capital Partners has revised its long term financing agreement with troubled surfwear brand Billabong to gain approval from the Australian Takeovers Panel. ...
Since its introduction in the country three years ago, the International Labor Organization's (ILO) Better Work programme has been credited with helping elevate Nicaragua as an ethical sourcing locati...
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Overcapacity in China could reshape fibre markets
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- PVH ramps up corporate responsibility commitments
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- US Q2 in brief - G-III Apparel, A&F, Sears
- Cambodia’s focus on garment production also a risk
- C&A helps grow organic cotton production in China
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras