Under Armour to invest $100m in new distribution centre
Performance apparel, footwear and accessories brand Under Armour is investing more than US$100m in a new distribution centre to service its rapidly expanding business.
The 1m sq ft distribution and warehouse facility in Nashville, Tennessee, is set to open in early 2016, and will create 1,500 new jobs in the area over the next five years. It will be Under Armour's third distribution centre in the US, with the original warehouse in Baltimore, Maryland and the other in Rialto, California.
Under Armour operates two Factory House retail destinations in Tennessee, located in Nashville and Sevierville.
Last month, findings from a survey into the popularity of US athletic footwear and apparel brands suggested there has been a huge leap in brand preference and "cool factor" for Under Armour among female consumers.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Japanese sporting goods giant Asics has hired Gene McCarthy, the former president of Merrell, to lead its largest region as Asics America CEO, following the retirement of Kevin Wulff....
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Target Corp, Foot Locker
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022