Under Armour to use Lectra tools in new innovation hub
Lectra technology will be used throughout the 35,000 sq ft facility
Performance footwear and apparel brand Under Armour is to use advanced cutting room solutions from technology specialist Lectra in its new Lighthouse manufacturing and design centre.
The 35,000 sq ft 'UA Lighthouse' facility, which opened in June in Baltimore, Maryland, will showcase the latest technology and serve as an incubator for creating state-of-the-art products with efficient manufacturing methods.
Designed as a collaborative space for designers, the UA Lighthouse allows designers and manufacturers to learn and develop new and innovative methods for making and delivering product, which can then be shared with global team-mates and partner factories.
The Lighthouse will feature Lectra's Brio fabric spreader and the Vector fabric cutting machine. Vector provides enhanced visibility to the production process through remote monitoring, which optimises machine up-time and production.
One of the goals of the new facility is to ultimately guide how all Under Armour products are made, with new product and process technology developed here eventually being transferred to factory partners to scale. It will also serve as a foundation for Under Armour's local-for-local vision.
Technology will include 3D printing and rapid prototyping tools to turn ideas into tangible products; apparel and footwear prototyping facilities where designers and developers can test and refine products and processes beyond the traditional cut-and-make methods; and pilot production lines to evaluating how concepts will perform in a full-scale production environment.
"The UA Lighthouse will serve as a beacon to make product better, faster, and more efficiently," explained Under Armour founder and CEO Kevin Plank.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Under Armour Inc, a US-based producer and retailer of performance sportswear, generated astonishing growth over the review period. International expansion, product innovation, strategic sponsorship an...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry....
About Sports and Fitness Wear Sports and fitness wear is worn during workouts, sports, or any physical exercise to provide the wearer comfort and style. T-shirts, hoodies, shorts, and tracksuits are ...
The tennis apparel market in the Americas is driven by a number of growth factors — one of the most important being the increasing number of tennis tournaments being organized and played across the re...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report