US: Under Armour Water Spider shoe features Line-X coating
A new high performance water shoe launched by sportswear brand Under Armour features a protective coating developed by Line-X in its construction.
The 'Water Spider' shoe combines "great ventilation and water expulsion" thanks to the special waterproof and colour-stable aliphatic coating.
"Under Armour is constantly driving innovation," said Iiley Thompson, senior director of outdoor footwear, adding that Line-X "is a perfect example of finding a new application for footwear that brings an extreme level of durability in a way that resonates with the outdoor consumer".
The Under Armour Water Spider is a high performance water shoe designed for an active outdoor lifestyle, with quick-lock lacing, lightweight cushioning and support, a full drainage polyurethane footbed and high traction, non-slip outsoles.
Apparel and footwear firm Wolverine Worldwide has appointed Gene McCarthy, former senior vice president of footwear at Under Armour, as president of the Merrell brand....
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis