US: Under Armour Water Spider shoe features Line-X coating
A new high performance water shoe launched by sportswear brand Under Armour features a protective coating developed by Line-X in its construction.
The 'Water Spider' shoe combines "great ventilation and water expulsion" thanks to the special waterproof and colour-stable aliphatic coating.
"Under Armour is constantly driving innovation," said Iiley Thompson, senior director of outdoor footwear, adding that Line-X "is a perfect example of finding a new application for footwear that brings an extreme level of durability in a way that resonates with the outdoor consumer".
The Under Armour Water Spider is a high performance water shoe designed for an active outdoor lifestyle, with quick-lock lacing, lightweight cushioning and support, a full drainage polyurethane footbed and high traction, non-slip outsoles.
Apparel and footwear firm Wolverine Worldwide has appointed Gene McCarthy, former senior vice president of footwear at Under Armour, as president of the Merrell brand....
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- US Q3 in brief: Shoe Carnival, Caleres
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory