USA: Underneath.com Up For Sale At $5.8m
Atlanta-based QUAD-i, owner and operator of Underneath.com, the Internet retailer of brand name intimate apparel for men and women, today announced that it is up for sale for $5.8m. Underneath.com has been operating successfully since December 1997. It is one of the few profitable e-tailers having posted a profit for its fiscal year ended June, 2000. QUAD-i, its parent company, never received venture capital and had to grow the business focusing on real revenue and profits with its initial seed funding of $40,000 from its founder's credit cards.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report