CHINA: Underwear Sales Expected To Hit $11bn
Citing unnamed industry experts, Asia Pulse said the country currently has more than 3,000 producers of intimate apparel stretching from Guandong Province in the south to Shanghai in the east and Beijing in the north.
The paper reported that the experts believe many of the underwear enterprises need to improve their competitiveness, shift from processing business to independent development and produce brand products.
It added up to 600 million pieces of underwear are expected to be sold in China this year with 60 per cent of those consumers seen as women who live in the country’s big cities.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar