RUSSIA: Unichel To Acquire Ural Footwear Factory
Chelyabinsk-based footwear company Unichel is to acquire the bankrupt Ural footwear factory in Orenburg. Ural was established in 1984 but ceased production four years ago. The restored company will now employ 200 people and produce 160,000 pairs of footwear a year, mostly for school pupils and teenagers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"