US: Unifi appoints two board members
Unifi, Inc. has appointed two new members to its board, George R. Perkins, Jr. and G. Alfred Webster.
Perkins is chairman of the board and chief executive officer of Frontier Spinning Mills, Inc., a company that he founded in 1996. Prior to founding Frontier, he served from 1993 to 1996 as president of the spun yarns division of Unifi and was a member of the board of directors. Perkins has also been on the board of directors of First Bancorp since 1996.
G. Alfred Webster was an executive officer of the company from 1979 until his retirement in April 2003 and a director of the company from 1986 until 2004. Since his retirement, Webster has managed his personal investments.
Perkins and Webster were appointed to terms expiring at the corporation's 2007 Annual Meeting of Shareholders, at which time it is expected that they will be nominated to stand for election by the shareholders of the corporation for one-year terms. Perkins was appointed to the company's audit committee and compensation committee and Webster was appointed to the audit committee and corporate governance & nominating committee.
The company also announced that its board has now filled all vacancies on its committees and appointed director William M. Sams to the position of independent "lead director".
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Yarn producer Unifi saw its losses narrow in the company's fiscal second quarter, despite incurring charges related to the restructuring of the business....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective