CHINA: Unifi expands Repreve recycled fibre line-up
Yarn maker Unifi Inc has expanded the range of Repreve recycled products available in Asia with the launch of polyester staple fibre made from 100% recycled materials for use in spun yarns.
The fibres are supplied through its wholly-owned subsidiary based in Suzhou, China, called Unifi Textiles Suzhou Co Ltd (UTSC).
The Repreve line-up now includes recycled staple polyester, recycled filament polyester, recycled filament nylon 6.6, and recycled performance fibres.
The company has also launched a verification program to ensure fabrics and products made from Repreve are traceable, transparent and certifiably sustainable.
As part of this 'U Trust' program, a traceability technology called Fiberprint can analyse fabrics to certify the level of Repreve content.
Unifi has seen its second quarter move into the black as it benefited from the impact of improved retail sales across its primary end-use segments. It also saw growth in market share....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020