US: Unifi names William Jasper as CEO
Polyester and nylon yarn producer Unifi Inc has named William L Jasper as its president and chief executive officer, as part of a number of executive changes to its board of directors.
In other appointments, R Roger Berrier Jr is its new executive vice president of sales, marketing and Asian operations, and Ronald L Smith is vice president of finance and treasurer.
Mr Jasper has been with Unifi since 2004, and has been vice president of sales since 2006. He replaces Brian R Parke who stood down from the Greensboro, North Carolina based company last month.
Mr Berrier was previously Unifi's vice president of commercial operations, and Mr Smith was treasurer and with additional responsibility for investor relations.
Unifi is in the midst of a cost cutting exercise after its full year losses widened to $113.1m, from $14.4m during the previous year.
Last month the company said it would close its Kinston, North Carolina facility with the loss of 260 jobs. And in July, the company announced plans to close a recently acquired texturising facility in Dillon, South Carolina with the loss of 355 jobs.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Despite concerns from non-governmental organisations and trade unions in the West about India's credentials when it comes to sweatshop labour and basic workers' rights, the country is eyeing ambitious...
The impact of climate change and raw materials shortages on the global clothing supply chain will be tackled by fashion suppliers and out of industry experts at the ASBCI Annual Industry Conference 20...
The first ever 'Shower Clean Suit' is just one of a number of new Merino wool products set to launch under three global product partnerships agreed with Australian Wool Innovation (AWI)....
Wellman Inc is to raise the price of all Fortrel polyester staple fibre products by US$0.04 per pound from 15 April....
Polyester fibre maker Wellman Inc has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection after struggling against rising raw material costs and high levels of debt....
Optimer Performance Fibers has signed a licensing agreement with El Salvador-based Textufil to supply its patented moisture management technology, Dri-release with FreshGuard, in Central America....
Optimer Performance Fibers has launched a new eco-friendly Dri-release yarn aimed at brands who are adding 'green' products to their ranges....
Yarn producer Unifi saw its losses narrow in the company's fiscal second quarter, despite incurring charges related to the restructuring of the business....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report