USA: Unifi Projects Fourth Quarter Earnings
Unifi, Inc (NYSE: UFI) today announced that earnings per share for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000 are expected to be approximately 10 per cent below the $.23 per share earned in the third quarter of fiscal 2000.Despite a strong start to the fourth quarter, earnings were negatively impacted by the following factors: a polyester price increase in May and June of approximately 8 per cent in Unifi's raw materials were not totally passed along to customers in the quarter; a softness in sales of the company's value-added fine denier nylon as retailers adjusted their sheer hosiery inventories by as much as 40 per cent to improve turns, which reduced operating profit in the quarter by approximately $3.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020