USA: Unifi Projects Fourth Quarter Earnings
Unifi, Inc (NYSE: UFI) today announced that earnings per share for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000 are expected to be approximately 10 per cent below the $.23 per share earned in the third quarter of fiscal 2000.Despite a strong start to the fourth quarter, earnings were negatively impacted by the following factors: a polyester price increase in May and June of approximately 8 per cent in Unifi's raw materials were not totally passed along to customers in the quarter; a softness in sales of the company's value-added fine denier nylon as retailers adjusted their sheer hosiery inventories by as much as 40 per cent to improve turns, which reduced operating profit in the quarter by approximately $3.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar