USA: Unifi Projects Fourth Quarter Earnings
Unifi, Inc (NYSE: UFI) today announced that earnings per share for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000 are expected to be approximately 10 per cent below the $.23 per share earned in the third quarter of fiscal 2000.Despite a strong start to the fourth quarter, earnings were negatively impacted by the following factors: a polyester price increase in May and June of approximately 8 per cent in Unifi's raw materials were not totally passed along to customers in the quarter; a softness in sales of the company's value-added fine denier nylon as retailers adjusted their sheer hosiery inventories by as much as 40 per cent to improve turns, which reduced operating profit in the quarter by approximately $3.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022