USA: Unifi Projects Fourth Quarter Earnings
Unifi, Inc (NYSE: UFI) today announced that earnings per share for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2000 are expected to be approximately 10 per cent below the $.23 per share earned in the third quarter of fiscal 2000.Despite a strong start to the fourth quarter, earnings were negatively impacted by the following factors: a polyester price increase in May and June of approximately 8 per cent in Unifi's raw materials were not totally passed along to customers in the quarter; a softness in sales of the company's value-added fine denier nylon as retailers adjusted their sheer hosiery inventories by as much as 40 per cent to improve turns, which reduced operating profit in the quarter by approximately $3.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective