US: Unifi returns to profit in Q2
- Q2 net profit US$2.4m, versus $7.6m loss
- Net sales up 3% to $172m
- CEO highlights “process improvement”
Yarn business Unifi returned to profitability in the second quarter of its fiscal year, boosting sales by 3% in the three months to 23 December.
The company’s net profit of $2.4m improved on a $7.6m loss recorded in the same period of 2011.
“The results in the current quarter reflect the company’s ability to drive financial improvement in our core business through disciplined process improvement across all of our operating segments and the success of our mix enrichment strategy domestically,” said Bill Jasper, Unifi chairman and CEO.
Unifi's Repreve recycled polyester yarn and PET resins has been granted Responsible Source certifcation by SGS Global Services, becoming the first yarn to attain the certification. ...
Yarn business Unifi has seen third quarter net profit drop on falling sales, an extension of its holiday shut down in the period, and charges relating to early debt repayments. ...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015