USA: Unifi's Growing E-Business Team Moves Into Larger Home
Unifi Technology Group Inc is moving its expanding e-business division to a new home, giving the growing department an extra 27,000 square feet of workspace, according to dbusiness.com. "The impact of e-business in our marketplace has been phenomenal, and as a result we are growing faster than anticipated," said Ralph Mayes, president and CEO of Unifi. "The new facilities will accommodate the growth of our e-business division and provide us with the training and data centre space needed to support our new business activities." The new quarters will house a 6,000-square-foot managed hosting data centre that will hold communications and computer hardware. The facility will also contain classrooms for customer training and technology briefings. Last month, Charlotte-based Unifi acquired British software house Boward Computer Services, and said it plans to continue growing through additional acquisitions, as well as internal hiring. Privately held Unifi helps manufacturers in the textiles, automotive, electronics, consumer packaged goods, furniture, food and beverage, and metals industries implement new technologies. Unifi now has nine locations in North America, South America and Europe, and employs 285 people.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar