USA: Unifi's Growing E-Business Team Moves Into Larger Home
Unifi Technology Group Inc is moving its expanding e-business division to a new home, giving the growing department an extra 27,000 square feet of workspace, according to dbusiness.com. "The impact of e-business in our marketplace has been phenomenal, and as a result we are growing faster than anticipated," said Ralph Mayes, president and CEO of Unifi. "The new facilities will accommodate the growth of our e-business division and provide us with the training and data centre space needed to support our new business activities." The new quarters will house a 6,000-square-foot managed hosting data centre that will hold communications and computer hardware. The facility will also contain classrooms for customer training and technology briefings. Last month, Charlotte-based Unifi acquired British software house Boward Computer Services, and said it plans to continue growing through additional acquisitions, as well as internal hiring. Privately held Unifi helps manufacturers in the textiles, automotive, electronics, consumer packaged goods, furniture, food and beverage, and metals industries implement new technologies. Unifi now has nine locations in North America, South America and Europe, and employs 285 people.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022