USA: Union Deal Averts Strike At Malden Mills
Strike action at Polartec fleece maker Malden Mills Industries Inc has been averted after members of the Unite Here union voted to accept a new three year contract.
The contract offers an increase in pay for each union employee while helping to stabilize spiralling healthcare costs.
It provides for a 7 per cent raise in wages after union members rejected a previous offer and authorised striking action. Employer paid dental and disability insurance over the next three years, and increased employee contribution to healthcare costs, are also part of the package.
Malden came out of bankruptcy protection in 2003 as it was brought into new ownership.
Its customers include apparel companies such as Lands' End and The North Face, and the US military.
The North Face Apparel Corp has been awarded a million-dollar judgment by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, its US licensee US VF Outdoor said....
Performance fabric maker Malden Mills Industries Inc has won a $15m order to supply Polartec garments to the US Military....
Casual apparel maker VF Corp has reported a 17 per cent hike in third-quarter profit after good growth of outdoor apparel made up for lower sales of jeans brands....
Outdoor apparel maker The North Face has unveiled "pong-proof pants" which it claims can be worn multiple times without needing to be washed....
Branded apparel group VF Corporation has reported second-quarter sales growth as it invests into its core brands to maintain their leadership positions....
Members of union Unite Here Canada, which represents workers in Canada's clothing sector, are calling on the government to take action against surging Chinese imports....
Branded apparel maker VF Corporation has announced a series of organisational changes aimed at streamlining its leadership structure and supporting the company's long-term growth plans....
As Japan faces its worst attack of hay-fever inducing cedar pollen ever, two domestic companies have come up with textile solutions which they claim will help suffers beat the hay fever blues....
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Italian wages and conditions deteriorate
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024