USA: Union Deal Averts Strike At Malden Mills
Strike action at Polartec fleece maker Malden Mills Industries Inc has been averted after members of the Unite Here union voted to accept a new three year contract.
The contract offers an increase in pay for each union employee while helping to stabilize spiralling healthcare costs.
It provides for a 7 per cent raise in wages after union members rejected a previous offer and authorised striking action. Employer paid dental and disability insurance over the next three years, and increased employee contribution to healthcare costs, are also part of the package.
Malden came out of bankruptcy protection in 2003 as it was brought into new ownership.
Its customers include apparel companies such as Lands' End and The North Face, and the US military.
The North Face Apparel Corp has been awarded a million-dollar judgment by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, its US licensee US VF Outdoor said....
Performance fabric maker Malden Mills Industries Inc has won a $15m order to supply Polartec garments to the US Military....
Casual apparel maker VF Corp has reported a 17 per cent hike in third-quarter profit after good growth of outdoor apparel made up for lower sales of jeans brands....
Outdoor apparel maker The North Face has unveiled "pong-proof pants" which it claims can be worn multiple times without needing to be washed....
Branded apparel group VF Corporation has reported second-quarter sales growth as it invests into its core brands to maintain their leadership positions....
Members of union Unite Here Canada, which represents workers in Canada's clothing sector, are calling on the government to take action against surging Chinese imports....
Branded apparel maker VF Corporation has announced a series of organisational changes aimed at streamlining its leadership structure and supporting the company's long-term growth plans....
As Japan faces its worst attack of hay-fever inducing cedar pollen ever, two domestic companies have come up with textile solutions which they claim will help suffers beat the hay fever blues....
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020