USA: Union Deal Averts Strike At Malden Mills
Strike action at Polartec fleece maker Malden Mills Industries Inc has been averted after members of the Unite Here union voted to accept a new three year contract.
The contract offers an increase in pay for each union employee while helping to stabilize spiralling healthcare costs.
It provides for a 7 per cent raise in wages after union members rejected a previous offer and authorised striking action. Employer paid dental and disability insurance over the next three years, and increased employee contribution to healthcare costs, are also part of the package.
Malden came out of bankruptcy protection in 2003 as it was brought into new ownership.
Its customers include apparel companies such as Lands' End and The North Face, and the US military.
The North Face Apparel Corp has been awarded a million-dollar judgment by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, its US licensee US VF Outdoor said....
Performance fabric maker Malden Mills Industries Inc has won a $15m order to supply Polartec garments to the US Military....
Casual apparel maker VF Corp has reported a 17 per cent hike in third-quarter profit after good growth of outdoor apparel made up for lower sales of jeans brands....
Outdoor apparel maker The North Face has unveiled "pong-proof pants" which it claims can be worn multiple times without needing to be washed....
Branded apparel group VF Corporation has reported second-quarter sales growth as it invests into its core brands to maintain their leadership positions....
Members of union Unite Here Canada, which represents workers in Canada's clothing sector, are calling on the government to take action against surging Chinese imports....
Branded apparel maker VF Corporation has announced a series of organisational changes aimed at streamlining its leadership structure and supporting the company's long-term growth plans....
As Japan faces its worst attack of hay-fever inducing cedar pollen ever, two domestic companies have come up with textile solutions which they claim will help suffers beat the hay fever blues....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Who has signed up to the Greenpeace Detox Campaign
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Critical findings identified at Bangladesh complex
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey