BANGLADESH: Unions call for Rana Plaza donations
The Rana Plaza building collapse killed more than 1,100 people
More than 70 labour rights groups and unions have again called on clothing brands sourcing from Bangladesh to pay US$40m to victims of the Rana Plaza disaster before its first anniversary on 24 April.
In a letter, the organisations, including the Clean Clothes Campaign, more than 30 Bangladeshi organisations, and assocations from all over the world, call on the companies to pay into the Rana Plaza Donor Trust Fund, which aims to benefit survivors and the families of victims.
They say that $40m is needed to ensure that those affected can receive support for loss of income and medical expenses.
But they argue that all brands linked to Rana Plaza and Bangladesh should pay in and confirm their pledges to the International Labour Organization, which acts as trustee for the fund.
Inditex operates a limited presence in the US, but plans to continue expanding in major metropolitan areas in order to increase its brand visibility. Whilst the company is the largest apparel company ...
Inditex is focused on the search for flexibility in adapting production to French demand. 2013 was a stronger year for the company, with growth in every category in which it was present due to being i...
Inditex, Industria de Diseño Textil SA Taiwan will continue to increase sales through outlet expansion of its Zara stores. The company also launched its first Pull & Bear outlet in late 2013, and it p...
Inditex follows an aggressive expansion strategy in the Netherlands, as there is high demand for fast fashion apparel, and the company has an advantage over its competitors due to its affordable price...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015