JAPAN: Uniqlo January same-store sales decline 5.5%
Casual clothing brand Uniqlo has posted a 5.5% decline in Japanese same-store sales during January.
The company said same-store sales fell year-on-year as the comparative impact of one less shopping day outweighed favourable sales of Ultra Light Down, HeatTech and other winter garments.
Uniqlo, which closed four stores in January, said own store sales slipped 3.4%. Total sales, including online, edged down 2.8%.
Fast Retailing has recorded strong same store sales growth in its Japanese Uniqlo stores during July thanks to good weather and strong demand for summer clothing....
China has retained top spot in the latest AT Kearney Retail Apparel Index, alongside strong performances from countries in Latin America and the Middle East....
Japan's Fast Retailing, owner of the Uniqlo casual clothing brand, has reported a hike in third-quarter net profit, boosted by higher sales across all of its brands....
Casual clothing brand Uniqlo is accelerating its expansion in the US by opening ten smaller format stores in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and California this autumn....
Japanese clothing chain Uniqlo opened its first two stores in the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka today (5 July), offering locally-produced high quality clothing at affordable prices. ...
Fast Retailing today (2 July) said same store sales jumped in its Japanese Uniqlo stores during June on the back of strong demand for summer clothing....
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing is to introduce its GU, Comptoir des Cotonniers, Princesse tam.tam and PLST (plus T) clothing brands in China for the first time later this year....
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Under Armour unveils newest retail presence
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015