JAPAN: Uniqlo January same-store sales decline 5.5%
Casual clothing brand Uniqlo has posted a 5.5% decline in Japanese same-store sales during January.
The company said same-store sales fell year-on-year as the comparative impact of one less shopping day outweighed favourable sales of Ultra Light Down, HeatTech and other winter garments.
Uniqlo, which closed four stores in January, said own store sales slipped 3.4%. Total sales, including online, edged down 2.8%.
Uniqlo and Zara’s successful penetration of the Taiwan market has resulted in increased preference for fast fashion among Taiwanese consumers. As most fast fashion jeans are reasonably-priced, consume...
Fast Retailing has recorded strong same store sales growth in its Japanese Uniqlo stores during July thanks to good weather and strong demand for summer clothing....
Childrenswear grew by 1% in both current value and volume terms in 2012. Previously Japanese parents would only purchase casual clothes because their children outgrew them quickly. However, 2012 witn...
China has retained top spot in the latest AT Kearney Retail Apparel Index, alongside strong performances from countries in Latin America and the Middle East....
Japan's Fast Retailing, owner of the Uniqlo casual clothing brand, has reported a hike in third-quarter net profit, boosted by higher sales across all of its brands....
Casual clothing brand Uniqlo is accelerating its expansion in the US by opening ten smaller format stores in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and California this autumn....
Japanese clothing chain Uniqlo opened its first two stores in the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka today (5 July), offering locally-produced high quality clothing at affordable prices. ...
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies