EUROPE: Uniqlo names Hauptkorn to lead European operations
In this newly created role, Hauptkorn will report to both Nobuo Domae, executive vice president and senior group officer, and Tadashi Yanai, CEO. He will divide his time between Europe and Japan for the first few months.
Hauptkorn will work closely with Takao Kuwahara, Hidenobu Sanada and Taku Morikawa who respectively head the Uniqlo business in the UK, France and Russia.
Prior to joining the company, Hauptkorn worked for Swiss shoe, clothing and accessories brand Bally International. He has also served as group CEO of the Labelux Group, which manages brands including Bally, Jimmy Choo and Derek-Lam.
Faced with continuing challenging trading conditions in 2012, retailers responded with a number of different strategies to try to grow their businesses. International expansion, new and larger format ...
Among the industry executives who spoke with just-style this year were Ranjan Mahtani, CEO of Epic Group; Henry Tan, CEO of Luen Thai Holdings; Andrew Lo, CEO of Crystal Group; and Marks & Spencer's K...
South Korean apparel conglomerate E-Land Group has set its sights on annual sales of KRW10tn (US$9.32bn) in China by 2016, according to local press reports....
Fashion retailer H&M Hennes & Mauritz is set to launch a clothing recycling scheme which will encourage consumers to hand in used garments at H&M stores worldwide to be reused or recycled....
Fast Retailing, which operates the Uniqlo brand, is to acquire a majority stake in fashion firm J Brand as it looks to strengthen its position in the US....
Fast Retailing's Uniqlo and Theory brands have teamed up to design and manufacture a collection of down jackets and vests for men and women....
Japanese casual clothing retailer Uniqlo has today (2 November) blamed a fall in October same-store sales on persistently warm weather, which stifled demand for autumn and winter garments....
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Hugo Boss in talks over supplier labour claims
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015