JAPAN: Uniqlo Outlines Plans For US Market
Casual clothing chain Uniqlo has revealed plans to expand into the US with three New Jersey stores this autumn.
The stores, which will be between 8,000-10,000 square feet each, will sell women's, men's and children's merchandise.
Tadashi Yanai, chairman and chief executive officer of Uniqlo, said: "The US market is the largest market in the world. To continue to grow in the global marketplace and be a worldwide leader, we must prosper in the US."
The New Jersey stores are designed to as a pilot, introducing the brand, the products and the shopping experience to the market.
Once the three pilot stores are stable and profitable, Uniqlo plans to rapidly expand throughout the US, and hopes to achieve $1 billion in sales there by 2010.
Uniqlo, which launched its retail chain in 1984, currently operates over 680 stores throughout Japan, China and the UK. The chain is a brand of Fast Retailing Co Ltd.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing is to buy French apparel firm Petit Vehicule, owner of the Princesse tam.tam brand and the second-largest lingerie chain in France....
Fast Retailing Co Ltd - which operates the Uniqlo casual clothing chain - has reported a 12.9 per cent sales rise to JPY383.97 billion for the year ended in August, falling short of its target revenue...
Casual clothing giant Fast Retailing Co has announced plans to spend between JPY300 billion and JPY400bn on mergers and acquisitions in the next three years....
Japanese company Fast Retailing Co says it will open its first three stores in South Korea on 2 September through joint venture FRL Korea Co....
Fast Retailing Co, operator of the Uniqlo casual clothing chain, has reported a 4.3 per cent drop in net profit for the nine-month period ended May 2005 due to slow sales and higher expenses....
Retail group Fast Retailing Co is likely to re-appoint Tadashi Yanai as president of the company from September 2005 at the earliest, Japanese News Digest reported....
Store chain giant Fast Retailing Co has announced a 13.7 per cent year-on-year same-store sales rise, on good sales of Body Tech inner sportswear and button-down shirts....
Fast Retailing Co - which operates casual apparel chain Uniqlo, says it will acquire a majority stake in clothing company Shield Co, to enable it to jointly operate the Aspesi apparel brand's shops in...
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar