JAPAN: Uniqlo Owner's Monthly Sales Slide Again
Leading Japanese casual wear giant and owner of the hit Unqilo fashion label, Fast Retailing Co Ltd, on Tuesday posted a 29.9 per cent plunge in August same-store sales - its 11th consecutive monthly sales fall. The company said in a statement that customer visits slumped 24.3 per cent last month from the year-ago period in the wake of a 33.5 per cent fall in July. In the fiscal year ending last month, customer visits slumped 24.7 per cent year-on-year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands