JAPAN: Uniqlo posts January same-store sales rise
Uniqlo same-store sales grew 15% in January
Same-store sales grew 15% during the month, compared to the same period last year. Sales at the casual clothing chain's own stores (which include new ones that are less than a year old) increased by 8.4%.
Total sales, including online sales, were up 18% year-on-year.
Uniqlo closed seven stores in January, taking its total number of direct-run stores to 832.
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Fast Retailing Co Ltd aims to strengthen its position overseas to become the world’s number one apparel manufacturer and retailer. The company announced that it has a target to achieve annual group sa...
Fast Retailing aspires to become the world’s largest clothing company by 2020. International expansion will be key to achieving this goal. While the company has successfully expanded in Asia, gaining ...
Fast Retailing aims to become the world’s largest apparel company by 2020. The company has been very successful in Greater China, but continues to struggle in other markets and its US super premium de...
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- M&S project benefits garment worker health
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years