JAPAN: Uniqlo sales rise 3.9 % in June
Same store sales at Uniqlo's stores in Japan rose 3.9% in June, after warm weather boosted sales of summer garments.
Fast Retailing Co, which operates the clothing chain, said sales were also helped by the government's 'Super Cool Biz' initiative which encourages workers to dress more casually to help reduce the use of air conditioners to save electricity.
Earlier this month the company launched a new range of lightweight clothing in support of this campaign. Items included polo shirts with deodorising capabilities, and a bra top garment with a built-in bra to help to cut down on the number of layers worn.
In June, total Uniqlo sales including online sales increased by 9.4%, the company said.
While some retailers continued to be vulnerable to cost-cutting, swingeing redundancies and store closures in 2011, others acted swiftly to respond to the changing economic circumstances, offering rea...
With more and more own label apparel retailers eyeing growth in Asia and Latin America to make up for shortfalls in their domestic markets, Mike Flanagan asks whether a business formula that's running...
With western retailers increasingly optimistic about business in emerging markets, does it also hold true that the industry will soon "be sourcing everywhere and selling everywhere"? Not according to ...
After hitting hard times during the global economic crisis, the Russian clothing retail market is forecast to grow by 3-5% in 2011 and by about 6% per annum during 2012-13....
Fast Retailing Co, operator of the Uniqlo casual clothing chain, is to boost capital in its Singapore subsidiary by about SGD32m (US$24.4m) at the end of this month....
Fast Retailing may be looking to acquire a larger rival in the US or Europe on the back of the strong yen, which has boosted the company's purchasing power, according to reports....
Uniqlo blamed a decline in Japanese same-store sales on warm weather for the second month in a row....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020