JAPAN: Uniqlo same-store sales fall 2% in July
Japanese casual clothing retailer Uniqlo saw its domestic same-store sales fall 2% in July after sales of summer clothing were hurt by lower temperatures at the start of the month.
Meanwhile, own store sales edged up 0.5%, while total sales including online sales rose 0.8%.
Uniqlo said same-store sales "held firm" year-on-year after temperatures rose later in the month to help lift sales of summer merchandise.
The company closed one store in July.
Last month parent company Fast Retailing cut its full-year operating profit outlook following lower sales at the Uniqlo Japan division.
The most read stories on just-style this week include Limited Brands making its toxic-free fashion pledge, the European Parliament calling for better factory health and safety measures in Bangladesh, ...
Apparel company Limited Brands, owner of lingerie brands Victoria's Secret and La Senza, has become the 14th major business to pledge to eliminate all releases of hazardous chemicals throughout its su...
Japanese casual clothing retailer Uniqlo has appointed former Forever 21 executive vice president Lawrence Meyer as chief operating officer of its US division....
Italian fashion brand Benetton is to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its entire global supply chain and products by 2020....
The most read stories on just-style this week include Luen Thai acquiring Ocean Sky's apparel operations, Russell Brands cutting 190 jobs, and Fast Retailing revealing it will eliminate hazardous chem...
The Fast Retailing Group expects to book record sales and profits in its current financial year after reporting "considerable gains" across its business during the first quarter....
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Water scarcity a challenge to cotton supply chains
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Adidas to use only Bluesign-approved chemicals
- Bangladesh workers in constructive employer talks
- Scientists hail first recycled cotton garment
- Weak traffic slows sales for Abercrombie & Fitch
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details