JAPAN: Uniqlo same-store sales fall 2% in July
Japanese casual clothing retailer Uniqlo saw its domestic same-store sales fall 2% in July after sales of summer clothing were hurt by lower temperatures at the start of the month.
Meanwhile, own store sales edged up 0.5%, while total sales including online sales rose 0.8%.
Uniqlo said same-store sales "held firm" year-on-year after temperatures rose later in the month to help lift sales of summer merchandise.
The company closed one store in July.
Last month parent company Fast Retailing cut its full-year operating profit outlook following lower sales at the Uniqlo Japan division.
The most read stories on just-style this week include Limited Brands making its toxic-free fashion pledge, the European Parliament calling for better factory health and safety measures in Bangladesh, ...
Apparel company Limited Brands, owner of lingerie brands Victoria's Secret and La Senza, has become the 14th major business to pledge to eliminate all releases of hazardous chemicals throughout its su...
Japanese casual clothing retailer Uniqlo has appointed former Forever 21 executive vice president Lawrence Meyer as chief operating officer of its US division....
Italian fashion brand Benetton is to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its entire global supply chain and products by 2020....
The most read stories on just-style this week include Luen Thai acquiring Ocean Sky's apparel operations, Russell Brands cutting 190 jobs, and Fast Retailing revealing it will eliminate hazardous chem...
The Fast Retailing Group expects to book record sales and profits in its current financial year after reporting "considerable gains" across its business during the first quarter....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre