JAPAN: Uniqlo same-store sales fall 2% in July
Japanese casual clothing retailer Uniqlo saw its domestic same-store sales fall 2% in July after sales of summer clothing were hurt by lower temperatures at the start of the month.
Meanwhile, own store sales edged up 0.5%, while total sales including online sales rose 0.8%.
Uniqlo said same-store sales "held firm" year-on-year after temperatures rose later in the month to help lift sales of summer merchandise.
The company closed one store in July.
Last month parent company Fast Retailing cut its full-year operating profit outlook following lower sales at the Uniqlo Japan division.
The most read stories on just-style this week include Limited Brands making its toxic-free fashion pledge, the European Parliament calling for better factory health and safety measures in Bangladesh, ...
Apparel company Limited Brands, owner of lingerie brands Victoria's Secret and La Senza, has become the 14th major business to pledge to eliminate all releases of hazardous chemicals throughout its su...
Japanese casual clothing retailer Uniqlo has appointed former Forever 21 executive vice president Lawrence Meyer as chief operating officer of its US division....
Italian fashion brand Benetton is to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its entire global supply chain and products by 2020....
The most read stories on just-style this week include Luen Thai acquiring Ocean Sky's apparel operations, Russell Brands cutting 190 jobs, and Fast Retailing revealing it will eliminate hazardous chem...
The Fast Retailing Group expects to book record sales and profits in its current financial year after reporting "considerable gains" across its business during the first quarter....
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape