JAPAN: Uniqlo same-store sales rise 7.9% in May
Same-store sales at the Uniqlo casual clothing chain rose by 7.9% in May, helped by sales promotions a favourable performance over the Golden Week holiday season.
Fast Retailing Co Ltd, operator of the Uniqlo chain, said sales at the company's 741 direct-run stores increased by 11.4%.
Total sales, including direct sales, also increased by 11.4%.
Fast Retailing Co, operator of the Uniqlo casual clothing chain, is emerging in Japan as the lone champion in a retail landscape that looks predominantly bleak this year. Michael Fitzpatrick looks at ...
Japanese retail group Fast Retailing is setting up a joint venture company to make fabric and garments for its Uniqlo casual clothing chain in Bangladesh, as part of plans to create a global supply ne...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Saks Incorporated has introduced a change to its share structure to prevent a hostile takeover after Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim Helu increased his stake in the luxury retailer to 17.8%....
Falling sales and one-off charges sent department store chain Dillard's spiralling to a US$56m loss in the third quarter, despite a range of cost-saving measures....
Retailer J Crew Group Inc has lowered its full-year outlook after markdowns and higher inventory cut into third quarter profit....
Fashion retailer Delia's Inc has swung to a third quarter profit, helped by a tax benefit and higher sales and margins, but says it will restructure and cut costs after selling its skate-wear business...
Third quarter profit at American Eagle Outfitters Inc has more than halved on lower same-store sales and higher markdowns, prompting the youth apparel retailer to cut its capital spending plans next y...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020