JAPAN: Uniqlo same-store sales up 13.7% in November
Uniqlo booked a 13.7% increase in Japanese same-store sales last month
Strong sales of winter clothing helped casual clothing retailer Uniqlo to book a 13.7% increase in Japanese same-store sales during November.
Uniqlo, which opened eight new stores and closed two during November, said own store sales rose 16.9% last month. Total sales, including online, jumped 17.7%.
The retailer attributed the same-store sale growth to its successful Fast Retailing anniversary sale and strong sales of winter clothing, including the effect of advertising HeatTech and Ultra Light Down products.
Last month, Uniqlo teamed up with Theory to design and manufacture a collection of down jackets and vests for men and women.
Despite the global recession, e-commerce continues to buoy the bottom line for successful retailers....
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Fast Retailing, the owner of Japanese casual clothing brand Uniqlo, is continuing to review the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh....
Uniqlo saw sales in its Japanese stores fall during April, as unseasonably cool weather impacted sales. ...
Hong Kong listed Luen Thai Holdings, one of the world's leading apparel manufacturing and supply chain services providers, has completed its US$55m acquisition of Singapore-based Ocean Sky Group....
Fast Retailing, the owner of Japanese casual clothing brand Uniqlo, has lifted its profit and sales forecasts for the current financial year after reporting double-digit gains in the first half....
Fast Retailing has attributed sales gains in its Japanese Uniqlo stores during March to consistently warm weather. ...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Amazon Prime Day a big win for apparel
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis