JAPAN: Uniqlo same-store sales up 13.7% in November
Uniqlo booked a 13.7% increase in Japanese same-store sales last month
Strong sales of winter clothing helped casual clothing retailer Uniqlo to book a 13.7% increase in Japanese same-store sales during November.
Uniqlo, which opened eight new stores and closed two during November, said own store sales rose 16.9% last month. Total sales, including online, jumped 17.7%.
The retailer attributed the same-store sale growth to its successful Fast Retailing anniversary sale and strong sales of winter clothing, including the effect of advertising HeatTech and Ultra Light Down products.
Last month, Uniqlo teamed up with Theory to design and manufacture a collection of down jackets and vests for men and women.
Despite the global recession, e-commerce continues to buoy the bottom line for successful retailers....
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Fast Retailing, the owner of Japanese casual clothing brand Uniqlo, is continuing to review the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh....
Uniqlo saw sales in its Japanese stores fall during April, as unseasonably cool weather impacted sales. ...
Hong Kong listed Luen Thai Holdings, one of the world's leading apparel manufacturing and supply chain services providers, has completed its US$55m acquisition of Singapore-based Ocean Sky Group....
Fast Retailing, the owner of Japanese casual clothing brand Uniqlo, has lifted its profit and sales forecasts for the current financial year after reporting double-digit gains in the first half....
Fast Retailing has attributed sales gains in its Japanese Uniqlo stores during March to consistently warm weather. ...
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024