US: Uniqlo strengthens US team with COO appointment
Japanese casual clothing retailer Uniqlo has appointed former Forever 21 executive vice president Lawrence Meyer as chief operating officer of its US division.
Meyer will report to Nobuo Domae, CEO of Uniqlo US and senior executive group officer of parent company Fast Retailing.
"Larry's addition to the Uniqlo US leadership team is a further indication of the global organisation's commitment to the important US market," said Fast Retailing chairman, president and CEO Tadashi Yanai.
Prior to Forever 21, Meyer served as CFO of children's wear retailer Gymboree. He also spent 14 years at PepsiCo in various integral roles.
As part of the management change, Shin Odake and Yasunobu Kyogoku, who were both instrumental in introducing Uniqlo to the US market, will now lead the East and West Coasts respectively.
Japan's Fast Retailing, owner of the Uniqlo casual clothing brand, has reported a hike in third-quarter net profit, boosted by higher sales across all of its brands....
Casual clothing brand Uniqlo is accelerating its expansion in the US by opening ten smaller format stores in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and California this autumn....
Japanese clothing chain Uniqlo opened its first two stores in the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka today (5 July), offering locally-produced high quality clothing at affordable prices. ...
Fast Retailing today (2 July) said same store sales jumped in its Japanese Uniqlo stores during June on the back of strong demand for summer clothing....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include worker shortages holding clothing exports back in Laos, President Obama suspending US trade preferences for Bangladesh, and a comment on prospects...
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing is to introduce its GU, Comptoir des Cotonniers, Princesse tam.tam and PLST (plus T) clothing brands in China for the first time later this year....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include continuing protests in Cambodia over the sacking of garment workers, the news that apparel pricing edged up in May, and Tesco's decision to stop s...
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Myanmar textile association to lift garment makers
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis