CHINA: Uniqlo to accelerate store openings in China
Japanese fashion retail giant Fast Retailing plans to accelerate growth in China and is set to open 62 additional stores in the country over a one year period.
The retailer said it plans to open 62 stores over the year ended August 2012.
The company expects to operate 142 stores by the end of August this year. At the end of 2011, there were 80 Uniqlo stores in China. Between August and February, it opened 33 stores to have 113 outlets.
The retailer also plans to open the first Uniqlo store in Philippines in June. The 1,500 sq metre store will offer products for women, men and children.
Greater China and neighbouring regions such as Hong Kong and Taiwan are key markets as their economies are growing and is well perceived by those countries, a spokesperson told just-style. "So, we would like to rapidly expand into those markets," he said.
The growth in outsourcing has been the most important trend in the clothing and textile sector in the past decade, with emerging market countries offering increasingly reliable and sophisticated servi...
Fast Retailing, which operates the Uniqlo brand, has said it expects sales to top JPY1trn in 2013 as it continues to grow aggressively outside of its Japanese home market. ...
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing has revealed it will open its first multi-brand department store in Tokyo next month....
A slow start to the autumn and winter season pushed Japanese casual clothing retailer Uniqlo to a 2.4% fall in September same-store sales....
Japanese retailer Fast Retailing has no intention of slowing the expansion of its Uniqlo casual clothing brand in China, despite anti-Japanese demonstrations last week. ...
Japanese retail giant Fast Retailing Co has shuttered nearly one-third of its Uniqlo casual clothing stores in China following anti-Japan demonstrations in the wake of a diplomatic dispute between Asi...
Fast Retailing plans to enter Australia through its Uniqlo brand by the end of August next year. ...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Rana Plaza fund call grows as anniversary nears
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019