JAPAN: Uniqlo's August Same-Store Sales Rise 7%
Leading casual apparel chain Uniqlo on Tuesday posted its first rise in monthly same-store sales for nearly two years as it was boosted by strong sales of women's autumn fashions. Parent Fast Retailing Co Ltd said in a statement sales at stores open a year rose 6.7 per cent in August compared to an 8.7 per cent slide in July which followed a run of 21 months of falling sales.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"