ITALY: United Colors of Benetton unveils new fit strategy
Global fashion brand United Colors of Benetton is set to implement a new core body size standard and fit strategy based on an in-depth body shape analysis of its target customers.
The company will use the new data profiles of its target consumers in the US, Europe and Asia - supplied by AlvaInsight, the consumer research division of apparel size and fit specialist Alvanon - to generate physical technical 'fit' mannequins.
These will be used by Benetton's design, technical and sourcing teams, as well as its extensive supply base around the world, to execute consistent fit practices.
Alvanon will also supply the company with garment grade rule development tools that will enable it to standardise fit across its global size ranges.
The changes will help Benetton to design and manufacture garments that fit more of its customers better thereby increasing customer fit satisfaction and market coverage.
Two campaigns carried out over the past two years by two groups of activists have achieved very different results. Whereas Greenpeace has successfully corralled major brands and retailers into its Det...
Fit company Alvanon is set to launch standard AlvaForm fit mannequins for the Mexican market next week, based on its analysis of the recent Size Mexico body scan campaign. ...
Plans by German outdoor clothing brand Jack Wolfskin to eliminate a chemical used in water-repellent coatings for textiles have come in ahead of schedule, the company said today (24 January)....
Apparel company Limited Brands, owner of lingerie brands Victoria's Secret and La Senza, has become the 14th major business to pledge to eliminate all releases of hazardous chemicals throughout its su...
Italian fashion brand Benetton is to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its entire global supply chain and products by 2020....
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Philippines garment sector upbeat over EU GSP+
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead