ITALY: United Colors of Benetton unveils new fit strategy
Global fashion brand United Colors of Benetton is set to implement a new core body size standard and fit strategy based on an in-depth body shape analysis of its target customers.
The company will use the new data profiles of its target consumers in the US, Europe and Asia - supplied by AlvaInsight, the consumer research division of apparel size and fit specialist Alvanon - to generate physical technical 'fit' mannequins.
These will be used by Benetton's design, technical and sourcing teams, as well as its extensive supply base around the world, to execute consistent fit practices.
Alvanon will also supply the company with garment grade rule development tools that will enable it to standardise fit across its global size ranges.
The changes will help Benetton to design and manufacture garments that fit more of its customers better thereby increasing customer fit satisfaction and market coverage.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
Two campaigns carried out over the past two years by two groups of activists have achieved very different results. Whereas Greenpeace has successfully corralled major brands and retailers into its Det...
Fit company Alvanon is set to launch standard AlvaForm fit mannequins for the Mexican market next week, based on its analysis of the recent Size Mexico body scan campaign. ...
Plans by German outdoor clothing brand Jack Wolfskin to eliminate a chemical used in water-repellent coatings for textiles have come in ahead of schedule, the company said today (24 January)....
Apparel company Limited Brands, owner of lingerie brands Victoria's Secret and La Senza, has become the 14th major business to pledge to eliminate all releases of hazardous chemicals throughout its su...
Italian fashion brand Benetton is to eliminate hazardous chemicals from its entire global supply chain and products by 2020....
Singapore-based apparel company Ocean Sky is set to be acquired by Luen Thai Holdings for US$55m. ...
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024