USA: United Retail Group Announces 13% Comparable Store Sales Increase in May 2000
United Retail Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:URGI) today announced total sales in May 2000 of $41.0 million compared with $35.2 million in May 1999, a 17% increase. Comparable store sales increased 13% for May 2000.Total sales for the year-to-date were $140.4 million compared with $131.8 million in the same period last year, a 7% increase. Comparable store sales increased 5% for the year-to-date.United Retail Group, Inc. is a specialty retailer of large-size women's fashion apparel, footwear and accessories featuring AVENUE(R)brand merchandise. The Company operates 508 AVENUE(R)stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective