USA: United Retail Group Announces 13% Comparable Store Sales Increase in May 2000
United Retail Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:URGI) today announced total sales in May 2000 of $41.0 million compared with $35.2 million in May 1999, a 17% increase. Comparable store sales increased 13% for May 2000.Total sales for the year-to-date were $140.4 million compared with $131.8 million in the same period last year, a 7% increase. Comparable store sales increased 5% for the year-to-date.United Retail Group, Inc. is a specialty retailer of large-size women's fashion apparel, footwear and accessories featuring AVENUE(R)brand merchandise. The Company operates 508 AVENUE(R)stores.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands