USA: United Retail Group Announces 3 Per Cent Sales Increase
United Retail Group, Inc (NASDAQ-NMS: "URGI") today announced total sales in July 2000 of $26.5m compared with $25.7m in July 1999, a 3 per cent increase. Comparable store sales for July 2000 were flat versus last July. Total sales for the quarter were $108.5m compared with $98.9m in the same quarter last year, a 10 per cent increase. Comparable store sales increased 6% for the quarter. Total sales for the year-to-date were $207.9m compared with $195.6m in the same period last year, a 6 per cent increase. Comparable store sales increased 5 per cent for the year-to-date. United Retail Group, Inc is a specialty retailer of large-size women's fashion apparel, footwear and accessories featuring AVENUE® brand merchandise. The Company operates 501 AVENUE® stores with 2,064,000 square feet of selling space.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report