USA: United Retail Group Announces 3 Per Cent Sales Increase
United Retail Group, Inc (NASDAQ-NMS: "URGI") today announced total sales in July 2000 of $26.5m compared with $25.7m in July 1999, a 3 per cent increase. Comparable store sales for July 2000 were flat versus last July. Total sales for the quarter were $108.5m compared with $98.9m in the same quarter last year, a 10 per cent increase. Comparable store sales increased 6% for the quarter. Total sales for the year-to-date were $207.9m compared with $195.6m in the same period last year, a 6 per cent increase. Comparable store sales increased 5 per cent for the year-to-date. United Retail Group, Inc is a specialty retailer of large-size women's fashion apparel, footwear and accessories featuring AVENUE® brand merchandise. The Company operates 501 AVENUE® stores with 2,064,000 square feet of selling space.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report