USA: United Retail Group Announces 3 Per Cent Sales Increase
United Retail Group, Inc (NASDAQ-NMS: "URGI") today announced total sales in July 2000 of $26.5m compared with $25.7m in July 1999, a 3 per cent increase. Comparable store sales for July 2000 were flat versus last July. Total sales for the quarter were $108.5m compared with $98.9m in the same quarter last year, a 10 per cent increase. Comparable store sales increased 6% for the quarter. Total sales for the year-to-date were $207.9m compared with $195.6m in the same period last year, a 6 per cent increase. Comparable store sales increased 5 per cent for the year-to-date. United Retail Group, Inc is a specialty retailer of large-size women's fashion apparel, footwear and accessories featuring AVENUE® brand merchandise. The Company operates 501 AVENUE® stores with 2,064,000 square feet of selling space.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective