USA: United Retail Group Announces 3 Per Cent Sales Increase
United Retail Group, Inc (NASDAQ-NMS: "URGI") today announced total sales in July 2000 of $26.5m compared with $25.7m in July 1999, a 3 per cent increase. Comparable store sales for July 2000 were flat versus last July. Total sales for the quarter were $108.5m compared with $98.9m in the same quarter last year, a 10 per cent increase. Comparable store sales increased 6% for the quarter. Total sales for the year-to-date were $207.9m compared with $195.6m in the same period last year, a 6 per cent increase. Comparable store sales increased 5 per cent for the year-to-date. United Retail Group, Inc is a specialty retailer of large-size women's fashion apparel, footwear and accessories featuring AVENUE® brand merchandise. The Company operates 501 AVENUE® stores with 2,064,000 square feet of selling space.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022