USA: United Retail Group Announces Comparable Store Sales Increase
United Retail Group, Inc (NASDAQ-NMS:"URGI") today announced total sales in June 2000 of $40.9 million, compared with $38.1 million in June 1999, an 8% increase. Comparable store sales increased 4% for June 2000. Total-sales for the quarter-to-date were $82.0 million compared with $73.2 million in the same period last year, a 12% increase. Comparable store sales increased 8% for the quarter-to-date. Total sales for the year-to-date were $181.4 million compared with $169.9 million in the same period last year, a 7% increase. Comparable store sales increased 5% for the year-to-date. United Retail Group, Inc is a specialty retailer of large-size women's fashion apparel, footwear and accessories featuring Avenue brand merchandise. The company operates 504 Avenue stores with 2,074,000 square feet of selling space.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022