USA: United Retail Group Announces Comparable Store Sales Increase
United Retail Group, Inc (NASDAQ-NMS:"URGI") today announced total sales in June 2000 of $40.9 million, compared with $38.1 million in June 1999, an 8% increase. Comparable store sales increased 4% for June 2000. Total-sales for the quarter-to-date were $82.0 million compared with $73.2 million in the same period last year, a 12% increase. Comparable store sales increased 8% for the quarter-to-date. Total sales for the year-to-date were $181.4 million compared with $169.9 million in the same period last year, a 7% increase. Comparable store sales increased 5% for the year-to-date. United Retail Group, Inc is a specialty retailer of large-size women's fashion apparel, footwear and accessories featuring Avenue brand merchandise. The company operates 504 Avenue stores with 2,074,000 square feet of selling space.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth