USA: United Retail Group Comp Sales Up Five Per Cent
United Retail Group, Inc (NASDAQ-NMS: "URGI") today announced total sales in September 2000 of $37.5m compared with $35m in September 1999, a 7 per cent increase. Comparable store sales for September2000 increased 5 per cent over a 1 per cent increase in September 1999.Total sales for the quarter-to-date were $61.8m compared with $58.1m in the same period last year, a 6 per cent increase. Comparable store sales increased 4 per cent for the quarter-to-date over a 3 per centincrease in the same period last year.Total sales for the year-to-date were $269.7m compared with$253.7m in the same period last year, a 6 per cent increase. Comparable store sales increased 4 per cent for the year-to-date over a 2 per cent increase in the same period last year.United Retail Group, Inc is a specialty retailer of large-sizewomen's fashion apparel, footwear and accessories featuring AVENUEbrand merchandise. The company operates 505 AVENUE stores with2,092,000 sq ft of selling space.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022