USA: United Retail Group Comp Sales Up Five Per Cent
United Retail Group, Inc (NASDAQ-NMS: "URGI") today announced total sales in September 2000 of $37.5m compared with $35m in September 1999, a 7 per cent increase. Comparable store sales for September2000 increased 5 per cent over a 1 per cent increase in September 1999.Total sales for the quarter-to-date were $61.8m compared with $58.1m in the same period last year, a 6 per cent increase. Comparable store sales increased 4 per cent for the quarter-to-date over a 3 per centincrease in the same period last year.Total sales for the year-to-date were $269.7m compared with$253.7m in the same period last year, a 6 per cent increase. Comparable store sales increased 4 per cent for the year-to-date over a 2 per cent increase in the same period last year.United Retail Group, Inc is a specialty retailer of large-sizewomen's fashion apparel, footwear and accessories featuring AVENUEbrand merchandise. The company operates 505 AVENUE stores with2,092,000 sq ft of selling space.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Next books first FY profit fall in eight years
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing