USA: United Retail Group Comp Sales Up Five Per Cent
United Retail Group, Inc (NASDAQ-NMS: "URGI") today announced total sales in September 2000 of $37.5m compared with $35m in September 1999, a 7 per cent increase. Comparable store sales for September2000 increased 5 per cent over a 1 per cent increase in September 1999.Total sales for the quarter-to-date were $61.8m compared with $58.1m in the same period last year, a 6 per cent increase. Comparable store sales increased 4 per cent for the quarter-to-date over a 3 per centincrease in the same period last year.Total sales for the year-to-date were $269.7m compared with$253.7m in the same period last year, a 6 per cent increase. Comparable store sales increased 4 per cent for the year-to-date over a 2 per cent increase in the same period last year.United Retail Group, Inc is a specialty retailer of large-sizewomen's fashion apparel, footwear and accessories featuring AVENUEbrand merchandise. The company operates 505 AVENUE stores with2,092,000 sq ft of selling space.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020