USA: United Retail Group Posts Sales Dip
Leading specialty retailer of large-size women's fashion apparel, footwear and accessories, United Retail Group Inc, on Thursday posted a dip in April sales.
The New Jersey-based company said in a news release total sales slipped four per cent to $39.9 million last month compared with $41.5m during April 2001.
Comparable store sales declined seven per cent for the month, while for the first quarter, total sales climbed six per cent to $115.6m. Comparable store sales increased three per cent for the quarter.
The company said its figures for last month were hurt by an early Easter which fell in March this year compared to April in 2001.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022